Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Darren Morgan's Top Fuel Crash @ WSID Australia, USA Top Fuel Showdown
Corvette
post Dec 27 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #1

Xtreme Memberr

Group: Xtreme Member
Member No.: 3

Went to the drags at WSID on Boxing day 08 to watch day one of the Top Fual Showdown, Australia vs USA

During one of the top fuel passes, Darren Morgan's rear left wheel came off. Not pretty!

--------------------

Motor & Transmission By John Kuiper Race Engines.
Suspension & Brakes By Ron Missian Motor Sports.
To See My Build Album Click On Any Of The Below Pics.

Priscilla, Queen Of The Vettes
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corvette
post Jan 1 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #2

Xtreme Memberr

Here are some pictures that were taking of Darren's Rail, after his crash at WSID, as it was moved into the inspection shed.

You will note in the last couple of pictures that the wheel hub is intact. The wheel studs seem to be missing/ripped out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Corvette
post Jan 1 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #3

Xtreme Memberr

Here is a video of all the runs of the top fuelers, or Top Oilers as I like to call them, of the day.

I tell ya they need to get their act together at that place. I have been going to the drags since the Castlereigh days and for fifty bucks each, it was a rip off and the worst Top Fuel meet I have ever been to. The number of supporiting acts was dismal. It was promoted as this big event. What a joke. There is more to the drags then just the Top Fuelers.

I took a friend who had never been to a top fuel meet before and for $200 fo the 4 of us...... I was not impressed! And needless to say neither was he.

The crowd, or lack there of, speaks for itself. thumbdown.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew
post Jan 2 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #4

Group: Senior Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Corvette @ Jan 1 2009, 08:41 PM) *
Here is a video of all the runs of the top fuelers, or Top Oilers as I like to call them, of the day.

I tell ya they need to get their act together at that place. I have been going to the drags since the Castlereigh days and for fifty bucks each, it was a rip off and the worst Top Fuel meet I have ever been to. The number of supporiting acts was dismal. It was promoted as this big event. What a joke. There is more to the drags then just the Top Fuelers.

I took a friend who had never been to a top fuel meet before and for $200 fo the 4 of us...... I was not impressed! And needless to say neither was he.

The crowd, or lack there of, speaks for itself. thumbdown.gif

I can't disagree with you there. I paid my $50 around 3.30pm and proceeded to sit on my ass for what seemed to be an hour listening to the announcers talk on microphones that barely worked before I saw any cars run. Then I did a walk of the pits and was wondering where the rest of the competitors were. THEN I saw the advertised feature - 9 (I think) Top Fuellers which weren't putting full passes down. Fair enough, they have technical limitations and issues regarding tuning, heat, clutch setup, etc and they need to make their cars last but I think I saw one full pass before I had to leave at 8.30pm.

I understand MAYBE paying $50 on the day the finals are held but I'll think twice before I attend another event at their current asking price. Seeing a handful of top fuellers alone make half passes as much as I enjoy watching them isn't worth my money or time.

I enjoyed watching the bikes run though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2018 - 08:59 PM