Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wheel And Tyre Size Comparer
Corvette
post Jan 3 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #1

Xtreme Memberr

Group: Xtreme Member
Member No.: 3

This is a neat wheel and tyre size comparer.

Many thanks to MADVET for the link

Click Image For Wheel Tyre Comparer

Show us some pics of the new wheels/tyres when you get them.

--------------------

Motor & Transmission By John Kuiper Race Engines.
Suspension & Brakes By Ron Missian Motor Sports.
To See My Build Album Click On Any Of The Below Pics.

Priscilla, Queen Of The Vettes
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MADVET
post Feb 12 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #2

Group: Junior Member
Member No.: 80

For those that are not aware there are very few options for wheels for the early model C4 Corvettes.

Unless you get a set custom made, there is not a great deal to choose from.

The latter model C4s' (88+) share similar offsets to the C5 and C6 Corvettes, needless to say with such a massive aftermarket available for these late models it isn't hard to find something to suit your late C4.

You could get away with using wheel spacers to fit the later model wheels on the early C4s, however I'm not keen on this idea as I much prefer the wheel to bolt directly on to the hub.

So after much searching I came across the new (2010) ZR1 wheels. These wheels are available in 19x10 and are made in the correct offset to suit the front of the new ZR1 which just so happens to have an almost identical offset as the early C4s'.(only 2mm difference!).

I did a bit of searching around to see if anyone had tried fitting the 19" Zr1 front wheels to their early C4 but was unsuccessful so I figured I'd give them a go.

After punching in the numbers in to the wheel/tyre calculator above I found that the 19x10 wheels fitted with a 295/30/19 tyres should fit perfectly.

In actual fact this combination has only a 1mm difference in rolling diameter compared to the original combination so the gearing should remain the same and the speedo acurate.

So after buying these wheels late last year I have finally got around to fitting them on.

--------------------
"Winning at a show is a matter of opinion, Winning at the track is a matter of fact"

+Quote Post
boschvette
post Feb 15 2011, 12:33 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

QUOTE (MADVET @ Feb 12 2011, 10:31 AM) *
For those that are not aware there are very few options for wheels for the early model C4 Corvettes.

Unless you get a set custom made, there is not a great deal to choose from.

The latter model C4s' (88+) share similar offsets to the C5 and C6 Corvettes, needless to say with such a massive aftermarket available for these late models it isn't hard to find something to suit your late C4.

You could get away with using wheel spacers to fit the later model wheels on the early C4s, however I'm not keen on this idea as I much prefer the wheel to bolt directly on to the hub.

So after much searching I came across the new (2010) ZR1 wheels. These wheels are available in 19x10 and are made in the correct offset to suit the front of the new ZR1 which just so happens to have an almost identical offset as the early C4s'.(only 2mm difference!).

I did a bit of searching around to see if anyone had tried fitting the 19" Zr1 front wheels to their early C4 but was unsuccessful so I figured I'd give them a go.

After punching in the numbers in to the wheel/tyre calculator above I found that the 19x10 wheels fitted with a 295/30/19 tyres should fit perfectly.

In actual fact this combination has only a 1mm difference in rolling diameter compared to the original combination so the gearing should remain the same and the speedo acurate.

So after buying these wheels late last year I have finally got around to fitting them on.

WHAT A
Bloody SH#TBOX hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------
Bite off more than you can chew,then take another bite

+Quote Post
Corvette
post Feb 15 2011, 06:58 PM
Post #4

Xtreme Memberr

QUOTE (boschvette @ Feb 15 2011, 01:33 PM) *
WHAT A
Bloody SH#TBOX hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Your not a nice person. aresehole.gif lol.gif

Wheels look shit hot!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Corvette
post Sep 7 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #5

Xtreme Memberr

Another basic tyre sizer calculator http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 04:01 PM